January 10, 2011

Ego Boost

Today was a rough day to say the least. Due to some shuffling around of interns' and residents' schedules, the caseload of my team nearly doubled. I felt like I was a chicken running around with my head cutoff. Here is a breakdown of exactly what my day looked like today:

8:30 - 9:00      Reviewed patient census sheet
9:00 - 10:30    Attended medical rounds with entire treatment team
10:30 - 11:30  Bio-psychosocial interview, patient note, contacted patient collateral
11:30 - 11:45  Attempted to engage difficult patient; retrieved bible per patient's request
11:45 - 12:30  Bio-psychosocial interview; supervised while patient contacted collateral
12:30 - 1:00   Assisted with patient discharge
1:00 - 1:30     Lunch
1:30 - 2:30     Touch base with supervisor/review caseload
2:30 - 3:00     Wrote patient note for second bio-psychosocial interview
3:00 - 3:30     Prepped for family meeting
3:30 - 4:45     Attended family meeting to discuss patient's discharge

Once I arrived home, I felt exhausted from a busy but productive day. As I was trying to muster up the energy to begin my reading assignments, I decided to procrastinate for a few minutes and check out some of my blog stats. I noticed a lot of new traffic coming from MastersofSocialWork.org, and decided to see if this website posted a link to my blog.

To my surprise, the blog on MastersofSocialWork.org named The Nudge Patrol as one of the Top 50 Social Work Blogs. I'm listed as #4 under the "academic" category.



I am thrilled about this recognition, and it was definitely welcomed after a tough day at placement.

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

Laurita,

Every now and then i log on to catch up on my "Nudge Patrol" reading. I always leave admiring you even more than i already did. :) Congratulations on the recognition.....i agree with it completely. miss you!!